Saturday, November 30, 2013

Day 3: Hustle then bustle

Today's task:  8 miles @ 8:40 pace (marathon pace +30)

Today's outcome:  8.08 miles in 1:02:09 (7:41 min/mile)

So I ran a little faster than I was supposed to today.  With a 10 mile race next weekend, I wanted to get one more fast longish run in, so I aimed for my long tempo pace of 7:55 min/mile.  I had to shower and get to a vendor event by 8am, so I put a little pep in my step and ended up running my fastest time for this particular route by about 16 seconds.  I have this arbitrary running goal of completing 8 miles in under and hour, so it felt good to see I'm slowly chipping away at my time.  

My mind is all over the map on these Saturday morning runs, and I couldn't help but be in the holiday spirit as I ran past houses lit up with Christmas lights.  I even ran the last 3 miles with this little ditty I made up in my head to the tune of Jingle Bells:

Wheezing throat,
Runny nose,
Hacking all the way;
Oh what fun
it is to run
with a chest cold on its way-ay!

I had a great view of a stunning sunrise for the final half mile...turned out to be a gorgeous morning!  Got a quick stretch in before the world's hottest shower, then it was off to a small business celebration at a local real estate agency to sell my wares to the masses.  


We had a great showing and I met lots of new people who seemed excited about all the Fancy.  May get in a little more stretching before heading out to restock on ornaments...wearing 3 inch heels mere minutes after finishing a run is never a good idea!  Looking forward to a beverage by the fire and a day off of running tomorrow.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment