Sunday, March 10, 2024

Back to Good

 10 days out.  Holding it together by keeping busy with work, housekeeping, and meal prepping, and reading is and always has been a wonderful distraction from reality.  Obviously the world doesn't stop turning because my world is about to be turned upside down, and hearing people talk about plans they have in the very near future scatters my brain a little.  I can't commit to a thing past March 20th, and while I'm told I'll be getting around pretty well after that first month, it all still feels like a big question mark.  Trying that whole patience thing and letting whatever happens happen.

I had myself a moment today after seeing this photo come up in my Facebook memories:


It was after my last long run before the Shamrock half marathon in 2017, and I was probably as fit as I've ever been in my life.  I look at that photo now and feel a sense of mourning over not feeling like that person anymore.  Strong.  Athletic.  Limber.  Joyful.  Of course I have plenty of things in my life that bring me joy on a daily basis, but for the past 18 months or so, I have felt like a watered down version of myself.  And also like the tin man.  I'm so ready for Psimas to get her groove back.


No comments:

Post a Comment