Friday, March 22, 2024

Hip to be Square


 It's day 2 post-op, and I continue to feel pretty good.  I would say my pain was at its highest last night around 7pm, and I knew I just needed to get in bed and snuggle up with my ice pack.  Even with waking up about every hour last night, I feel like I had more restful sleep than the first night.  I've only taken the oxycodone at night, and have done fine with tramadol during the day.  Since my chief complaint is stiffness and not pain, I think I'm going to give the tylenol a try tonight and see how it goes.  The sooner I get off the harder stuff, the better I'll feel.  

Big day today...the in-home PT came for our first session this afternoon.  It wasn't an total ass-kicking, but I did feel a little wiped out afterward.  We walked some laps around the house, I proved my proficiency in navigating stairs, sitting, and standing, and she gave me peace of mind that I'm on the right track.  It's been pretty boring just sitting around most of the day, but knowing it's exactly what my body needs helps me chill out a bit.  She said next week we'll go take some walks outside and I can't wait.  If tomorrow's weather wasn't supposed to be complete rubbish, I'd take all this sitting around outside.  Maybe Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment