Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Adventures in Social Distancing: Day 10 - 3.23.20

 Today feels like the rug has been pulled out from under us. In less than 24 hours, we have learned the spring break trip to Costa Rica we booked in August and gave the girls for Christmas has been cancelled, AND the girls won’t be going back to school this year either. There have been lots of tears of sadness and total disbelief. My children have had an incredible school year - thriving academically and loving their teachers - and to see it come to a screeching halt breaks my heart. Knowing my days as an elementary school mom are done bring me to tears...I wasn’t ready for it to end in June, so March feels like a sucker punch. • But as parents, we have to lead by example, even if we have no idea how. So my kids have watched me cry, but they’ll also watch me throw on Missy Elliot radio, curl my hair, and pour a glass of wine just because. • But before life got cancelled, we learned stuff, we baked stuff, we went for our walk, and did what we do.











No comments:

Post a Comment