Monday, December 23, 2013

Day 13: But you ain't go no legs, Lt. Dan

Today's task:  3x1600m @6:49 min/mile, 400m rest intervals
Today's weather:  72 degrees, humid, windy as a mofo

Today's outcome:  6:44, 6:45, 6:41

Guess which interval had the wind directly at my back.  Note to self:  Do intervals first, THEN do legs and back.  I've done both on the same day plenty of times, but I think I've always had a little more recovery time between the P90X workout and the run.  All I did this morning was have a bite to eat and figure out my distances and then I was out the door.  I felt like I was wearing lead pants today, and the hot and humid weather (yes, hot and humid on December 23rd) didn't help.  I managed to do better than my target pace each time, but it took a lot of self talk to get me there.  I thought of the intervals as minutes, not miles..."suck it up for less than 7 minutes and you'll be done."  It seemed to work, even if passing cars thought I was looney tunes.  

Haven't figured out my plan of attack for Wednesday's temp run...it's Christmas Day, and I'm thinking my early risers will be up extra early to check out what the big guy left under the tree.  Might be a post-cinnamon-rolls-for-breakfast puke fest, depending on how intense the workout is.  I'll worry about that later.  For now, I have some hydrating, showering, and Fancying to do.  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment