Friday, December 27, 2013

Day 14: Tempo in heavenly peace

Wednesday's task:  2 miles easy, 3 miles @7:20 min/mile (short tempo), 1 mile easy
Wednesday's weather:  34 degrees, sunny

Wednesday's outcome:  2 miles in 16:10, 3 miles @7:21 min/mile, 1 mile in 8:35

What a Merry Christmas Wednesday was.  Brynn woke us up at 5:55am, exploding with excitement to tear into the presents Santa left under the tree.  Camryn reluctantly got out of bed to join us, but she was "just so tired."  We opened presents, enjoyed some cinnamon rolls, and had A Christmas Story on repeat as we hung out by the fire all day long.  

Ryan got his miles in before noon, and I was on the fence about whether I would run that day or the next.  By 3pm (and after a little catnap), I felt an overwhelming urge to lace up and enjoy the crisp winter air, so off I went.  It was chilly, but it was lovely.  Between there being hardly any cars out on the road and my headband muffling any other noises, it was such a peaceful run.  It felt great to get the heart rate up after being lazy all morning, and coming in from the cold to a warm cozy fire in the fireplace is pretty awesome.  After a good stretch and the hottest shower ever, I recovered with some chocolate milk, spiked with cake flavored vodka.  Ahhh, the holidays!

Santa was good to the Psimases this year, bringing us all things fitness.  Ryan, Brynn, and Camryn all got new running shoes (I will too with some of the dead presidents I  got for Christmas!), he had his elves sign us up for some races, and he left two 12 lbs. medicine balls under the tree.  We'll finally be able to do those 4-ball push ups on the P90X2 chest and back video!  Instead of going to Jared, Ryan went to Lululemon...he tried his best to get me a new sports bra, but it had to be returned and traded in for some shorts.  It'll be a Christmas miracle if these don't ride up and/or cut the jingle bells out of my thighs!  For as much as they cost, they should carry my body a few miles all on their own!  Hopefully they'll be worth the expense and I'll run happily ever after in warm weather.  

Tomorrow's run features a dozen miles, and it should be another pretty day.  In the spirit of giving, I might treat myself to another scenic route before getting Fancied up for a hot date with the Mr., courtesy of his company.  It's been quite some time since we've enjoyed a night out...not sure I remember how it's done!  

No comments:

Post a Comment