Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 32: Hump Day Tempo

Today's task:  1 mile easy, 5 miles @8:02 min/mile, 1 mile easy
Today's weather:  38 degrees, misty fog

Today's outcome:  1.2 miles (8:10), 5 miles @8:00 min/mile, 1.1 miles (8:22)

Since I was supposed to help out in Brynn's classroom after dropping Camryn off at school this morning, I decided to get my tempo run in first thing this morning.  I was expecting my nephew to be coming for a short time until my brother got off of work, which meant it would be a race against the clock to run, make Brynn's breakfast and pack her lunch, and shower before this little rascal arrived:


 Look up "shit-eating grin" in the dictionary and you'll find that picture.

So I pushed the pace a little faster during the "easy" miles and got home about 15 minutes before Brynn had to be up.  Great success!  However, the first pitter patter of little feet I heard as I poured myself a recovery glass of chocolate milk belonged to Camryn, who was running downstairs to tell me her belly hurt.  Poor kid...tummy ache and a fever on the second school day she's had in two weeks.  Brynn came down shortly thereafter, and she offered to eat her breakfast in the bathroom with us in an attempt to cheer her sister up.   After telling me she wanted a new family yesterday, I was glad to see Brynn was back to her sweet, compassionate self.  

I got Brynn off to school, disappointed I wouldn't be able to help out in her class today or attend practice for the Shamrock Final Mile, but this pathetic soul needed me by her side today:



Poor little nugget.  Looks like we'll be laying low on this soggy, foggy day, which should give me plenty of time to spend with my big, black boyfriend:


I'll be directing his attention to both achilles today, which are thankfully feeling less creaky than they did yesterday, but could still use some TLC before Friday's long haul.  Hammies, quads, and IT band lovin' will just be an added bonus.  If you plan on making running a part of your life for the foreseeable future, I highly recommend you invest in one of these bad boys.  They're really quite dreamy.  

Back to tending to my little patient.  I leave you with some hump day humor:

It's a rainy Wednesday. At least it's not a dry hump day.

No comments:

Post a Comment