Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 34: This is the Yuck that doesn't end...

Today's task: 10 minute warm up, 3 x 1600s @6:45 min/mile , 10 minute cool down
Today's weather:  33 degrees and so freakin' windy

Today's outcome: TBD, yet again

It just goes on and on, my friend.  I thought for sure I'd be well enough by today to get in 3 or 4 easy little miles at the very least. 



WRONG!!!

Not sure why, but when I googled "Dana Carvey McLaughlin Group," pictures of boobies came up too.  But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, we are still battling this ugly crud that has taken my training from a smooth, steady pace to a screeching, sneezing, coughing hault.  The only running I've done today is to the pediatrician and the pharmacy, which left me so wiped out that I'm typing this in my bed while Camryn naps beside me.  What's really depressing is that the miles I drove today are still fewer than the miles I have missed running thanks to this garbage.  With each passing day, anxiety builds over how long it'll take me to get back to where I was in every aspect of the fitness I had accumulated over the past 10 weeks.  Changing the sheets on my bed leaves me winded, and short conversations with people send me into coughing fits.  Luckily for me, with this Saturday being a snow make up day for VB schools, the Virginia is for Lovers 14k got pushed to Sunday, giving me a precious extra day to recover.  I shudder to think it could be my first run post-Yuck!

For now, I'm trying really hard not to dwell on what I'm missing and focus on getting everyone in this house better.  I've had ridiculous amounts of quality time with Camryn, who has kept me laughing through this whole debacle.  Another plus?  Sick abs.



 Not like "killer abs, man," but like the-ones-that-appear-because-you-haven't-eaten-in-days-because-you've-been-sick abs.  Hash tag that shit.  You heard it here first.  Hopefully being a few pounds lighter will come in handy when it's time to run this body again. Wishing for sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment