Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 41: Rest = best

Today's task:  REST!!!

Workout quote #Workout #Motivation

Typically I follow up a Sunday rest day with intervals on Monday, but I have made the executive decision to give my legs an extra day of rest before tackling the 8 x 800s on my training plan.  It's good to be the boss.  My quads and achilles were still a little more sore than I feel they should be when going into a tough workout, and it's way too late in the game to push through any discomfort.  

Shut up

I'm already feeling so much better than I did when I first woke up this morning, so I think by tomorrow, my legs will be feeling fresh.  This is one of the things I love most about the Run Less, Run Faster program...the wiggle room.  Since I'm only running three days per week, I can easily adjust my schedule to accommodate aches, pains, or anything else that comes up and causes interference.  So instead of running Monday/Wednesday/Saturday, this week will most likely be Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday.  I get all my key runs in while still having my much needed rest days between them.  An added bonus to this week's adjusted schedule is that it looks like I'll avoid running in Wednesday's predicted wintery mix of precipitation.  Sweet!



I got my shoulders and arms workout in early this morning, and I plan to find time for some more stretching and foam rolling tonight.  Icing my knees while perusing Pinterest has also been part of my nightly routine since Saturday's 20 miles.  I'm pampering this little body for the next three weeks with rest, hydration, and by making my good, supportive Asics part of my every day attire.  And I'll start eating more nutritious calories tomorrow.


Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment